Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
We are contacting you to inform you about the DAAD scholarship under its special initiative “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses” offered to a few highly qualified applicants to our master program “M.Sc. Agricultural Economics (“AgEcon”). We hope that you will circulate this information to as many potential applicants are possible.
Further details regarding this category of DAAD scholarships can be accessed here: https://www.uni-hohenheim.de/en/agecon-scholarships
We are currently accepting DAAD scholarship applications for the academic year 2017/18 i.e. for the M.Sc. AgEcon degree starting on 1st October 2017 from qualified applicants. The DAAD scholarship application deadline is on 1st December 2017. Applicants wishing to be considered for the scholarship must therefore ensure that we have received their scholarship application documents before this date.
Information regarding the M.Sc. Agricultural Economics (“AgEcon”) can be found here: https://www.uni-hohenheim.de/en/agecon
Contacts of our current students and our alumni can be found here: https://www.uni-hohenheim.de/en/agecon-students-2016
Scholarship application documents must be sent to us through the post i.e. through regular mail or through courier service providers e.g. DHL such that the application package reaches our office on or before 1st December 2016. Late applications shall not be accepted.
Qualified applicants who have the fear that their application package might not reach our office before the deadline can scan all the required documents and then email them to us through: firstname.lastname@example.org. Such applicants should however be advised that the hard copies of all the required documents must have reached our office latest by 10th January 2017, else they will not be considered for the DAAD scholarship.
Applicants are kindly requested to carefully read and follow the application instructions attached to this email.
In summary, the following documents are required:
- Proof of the online application form downloadable at the end of the online application process here: https://www.uni-hohenheim.de/en/82194
- Results of the mandatory AgEcon online Pretest: Applicants can learn how to register for the test here: https://www.uni-hohenheim.de/index.php?id=111935
- Certified copies of the bachelor degree certificate of graduation and complete transcript of records both in the original language of issue and, if this was not in English or German, then official English or German translations must be included. Accepted are bachelor degrees in Agricultural Sciences e.g. Agricultural Economics, Development Economics, Agribusiness and Farm Management, Business Management and any other related disciplines. Applicants must have a strong background in Statistics and Microeconomics
- An English C.V. in the EuroPass format that can easily be generated here: https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents/curriculum-vitae
- Proof of proficiency in English e.g. IELTS Academic overall band 6.5 or better, or TOEFL iBT 90 points or more: Applicants must be aware that this is a mandatory requirement. We will not exempt an applicant from this requirement regardless if they studied in English or not. Applicants from countries where English is the official language and also the language of instruction must also provide the TOEFL iBT or the IELTS Academic score certificate. The final submission deadline is on 10th January 2017.
- A completed, signed and dated DAAD Scholarship application form that can be downloaded here: https://www.uni-hohenheim.de/fileadmin/einrichtungen/agrar/Service/Studium/DAADForm.pdf. The DAAD scholarship and the AgEcon master degree application should be sent directly to our university and not to the DAAD offices in Bonn as stated in this form.
- A signed and dated letter of motivation explaining how the applicant thinks that he or she is qualified for the scholarship and how a scholarship award will benefit their future careers.
- Official reference letters from former and current employers clearly stating the employment period: Applicants should note that such professions as “lecturers” or “teachers” or “researchers” in a school, university or college are NOT considered as relevant for this particular category of DAAD scholarships. Applicants MUSTalso be currently employed and the employer should be willing to grant them study leave of at least 2 years.
- A maximum of two official reference letters from former professors/lecturers evaluating the applicant’s academic capabilities
Further details regarding the required documents can be found in the attachment.